View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 19:37

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 270/260/140
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default ~New~ MWF looking for lifestyle change (Low Carbing Only)

Hello:
I am new to low carbing (as it is called by the pro's). I started with my max weight of 270 about 2 weeks ago and have already lost 10lbs -- I think... I have been weighing everyday and it seems to fluctuate 1-2 pounds over the last 3-4 days. After reading several posts on this forum I realized that I am not suppose to focus on the scales. So, I am going to attempt a weekly weighing rather than a daily, and then maybe move to a monthly if I fell comfortable with my success.

My story: Hum, I am still amazed that there are people out there who care about my individual life voyage, but it seems to be true so here goes.....

I am a 28-year-old mother and wife. Before I became pregnant with my son in 1996, I weighed 145lbs (5'7) and wore a size 8 in most all of my clothes. Almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I started gaining massive amounts of weight. Hey-- I was pregnant -- it was suppose to be okay right? Yeah, I know -- Big mistake ... By the time my son was born I was a whopping 250lbs ...... My son was born in May of 1997. By December of 1997, I had lost down to about 198lbs. The weight loss was unhealthy -- primarily not eating at all. I hung around the 200-210 mark until November 2000. My husband became deathly ill, and I found myself eating in the hospital cafeteria 3 times a day for 4 weeks ... It did not cause the additional 60lbs weight gain, but it started me on my way... Over the next 2 years, I picked up another 70lbs for a grand total of 270lbs on October 15, 2002.

My Breaking Point? -- I was tucking my 5 year old son into be one night - (this involves a brief resting period with him) -- While I was laying down beside him, he said "Mommy, Your not over pounds." -- It took me a minute to understand what he was saying...He was trying to say "Overweight" -- I asked him what he thought "over pounds" was considered.. He said when you have a big tummy... His complete innocence prevented me from crying right there.... but the tears were there in the dark. It really made me think about how a 5-year-old see's the world... He knew that I was not like the other smaller parents that he saw at school.. but was not quite sure how to ask me about it.

So there is my story ... now... I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for anyone who is willing to help me along the way.
Sponsored Links