Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Ride the Wave

Hi Dawn,
Let's hope this thing is a temporary setback. As you probably know CFIDS has its waves and it is best to ride them rather than fight them. You might console yourself by remembering that your muscles have a good memory and will respond well when it is time to go back to the gym.

Now in case this is a turning point in your life, let me tell you about my case. I too was at the gym and moving ever forward with my life when I got hit by a major relapse. That happened several years ago and I have not recovered to the point where I used to be. All efforts to reintroduce resistance and aerobic training have only sent me into greater decline.

I have the typical CFIDS overachiever mentality and so know all the thoughts that are probably going through your mind. And yes I tried it all. Hundreds of options and thousands of dollars later I am at the same place.

My latest quest is to listen to my body rather than order it about. I am taking satisfaction in very slow and minute improvements. It is a terribly disciplined process. Much harder than the self-imposed routines I used to think were so challenging. But at least I see improvement and have a new respect for the natural flow of energy through me.

But that's me and my story. I would prefer it if you found a cheap miracle pill and went on your happy way at the gym. Destiny is a strange thing.

Good Luck

Colin