View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 07:05
Registered Member

Plan: PPLP/ERFYBT
Stats: 485/485/175 Female 70.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I was definitely one of those people that had come to the point where I was resigned to a life of being fat, lonely and miserable. I was never much of a dieter before, I guess I was in denial about how big I'd become and therefore didn't make any grand efforts to change. The turning point came on the night of a formal Christmas gathering of an organization I am a member of. I was helping out three of my so-called friends check people in and give them their nametags etc. Well, my friend Linda's fiance walks up to the table and she introduces him to everyone at the table except me, like I was invisible or something. I know that doesn't seem like much but I was already feeling depressed about going stag to this thing and feeling uncomfortable with what I was wearing that it really just struck a chord with me. I remember going home and bawling, a few days later I started Atkins. That was in January 2001.

The next year and half I was off and on LC like 10 times never really lasting more than 30 or so days. What made me change my WOL for good was I just got tired of being fat. I had gotten a hold of PP and PPLP and had even followed them for awhile, but things just didn't click. Then one day, I had baked two pies the night before and I remember looking at one of them and thinking "I don't want to eat it. I don't want to be THIS person anymore" so I threw it away. It finally clicked. Before I guess I wasn't ready, now I know what being rock-bottom feels like. That was 85 days ago and I am totally committed. There is no looking back for me!!!