Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 20:00

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Re: The opposite sex and being thin

Quote:
Originally posted by gracie-poo

I have also found that WOMEN dislike me more often now. I get catty comments, and from my larger friends endless comments on my weight, both good and bad comments. A friend of mine from work told me she wouldn't go with me to a bar, because she didn't want to be "the fat friend." She makes a lot of comments around me about being fat, and it makes me feel so helpless. I know that my very existence makes her feel bad. And I don't know how to deal with it; I try to pump up her self-esteem, tell her she has great tits and pretty hair......I offer to get her a free guest pass at my gym when she expresses an interest in losing weight......I know it's not my responsibility to make her feel good, but I still feel kind of awkward about the whole thing.

Grace

Hi Grace....

I'd like to point out that YOU are not responsible for others' feelings and responses. Your friend from work seems to have a lot of self-esteem issues, but try not to take ownership of them...they're her issues, not yours. I think it's a shame that people can't be happy for you when you've accomplished something wonderful for yourself instead of reacting with cattyness and jealousy, but humans can be strange creatures from time to time....
I agree with alibubble....be proud of your accomplishments and ignore the catty comments from people who can't be happy for you.