#2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Pregnancy and Low Carbing

I understand not wanting to gain weight when you are pregnant, I was 280 lb. when I was pg, and my doc told me that he did not want me to diet when I was pregnant... Atkins suggests doing his lifetime maintenance while pregnant... not going all out and doing the whole low carb thing.

"During pregnancy I’m following the guidelines of the Lifetime Maintenance phase of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™, which is the most liberal in carbohydrate intake. (The weight-loss phases of Atkins are not appropriate for pregnant or lactating women.) This phase will not only ensure normal growth for my babies and help prevent potential complications, such as neural-tube defects and gestational diabetes. It will also keep me healthy." This is off of Atkins website, www.atkinscenter.com, and there is quite a bit of advice regarding pregnancy on there. Don;t put yourself and your baby in jeopardy and not eat enough of the right foods, you both need the food, nutrients,vitamins and minerals at this time~ I wish ya the best!