View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 11:38

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan since 6/6/02
Stats: 269/209/126
BF:Unknown
Progress: 42%
Default Banana & Apples

Myself, my husband, and mymother have read both of Drs. Eades books and we continue to lose weight and we still eat lots of fruit...watermelon, canteloupe, apples, and bananas....to each of us those fruits are especially enjoyable.

The one thing we adhere to is we do not eat fruits anywhere near our meals. Accept the green veggies we eat at dinner, we do not consume carbohydrates while we are consuming protein. It's our rule #1.

My husband has lost 62 lbs and he started 6 days after I did. I started on June 5, 2002 and he started on June 11, 2002, and my mother started sometime in late August, after she saw the amazing results we had in a 3 week period. We never gave up eathing fruits this entire time...we simply keep fruity snacks 2 hours on eather side of our meals....we eat 6 times a day minimum...sometimes 7 depending on how hungry we feel.

I'm not advising anyone eat bananas and apples. I'm sharing what I do....I know how high they are in carbs....but step back...eat sensibly, eat often, and eat some fruit daily. Since we do not do a multivitamin anymore, we rely solely on our food to get nutrition. Twice a week we take a supplemental vitamin E with dinner. I'm not advising anyone to stop taking multivitamins either, I'm just sharing what we do based on our reactions to different information.

You're a mentor and I wish I could know all you know. I will continue to read your posts and learn from them...but as a fat girl on her way to being healthy and thin I think my experience, not my knowlege, has value too....I feel sad when I see large people who want to lose but feel like they have to suffer to do it...60 lbs in 5 months.

Cheryl