View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 11:55

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Post The opposite sex and being thin

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in awhile--I have been happily cruising in maintenance mode since July. But I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I just wanted to post my thoughts about this.

This is the thinnest I have ever been in my life--even in high school I was bigger, so being so-called "hot" is new to me. I have never been That Girl, the one hit on all the time, asked out, whistled at. I had to rely on my charm to attract guys. And believe me, I am charming (modest, aren't I?) A natural born flirt, really. But I now find that guys FLOCK to me; at work, I am constantly being hit on, asked about, and while I am flattered, it also makes me kind of uncomfortable. I've been in a happy relationship for three years. Where were you guys when I was single??? I ask.

I can handle the male attention. What I can't handle is the fact that once these guys find out that I am taken, many of them just STOP being friendly. Whereas before when I was larger, I had lots of male friends, now that I am thin, I am only looked at in a romantic light by men. I am disappointed in this, because it makes me feel more like an object of attraction and not a person.

I have also found that WOMEN dislike me more often now. I get catty comments, and from my larger friends endless comments on my weight, both good and bad comments. A friend of mine from work told me she wouldn't go with me to a bar, because she didn't want to be "the fat friend." She makes a lot of comments around me about being fat, and it makes me feel so helpless. I know that my very existence makes her feel bad. And I don't know how to deal with it; I try to pump up her self-esteem, tell her she has great tits and pretty hair......I offer to get her a free guest pass at my gym when she expresses an interest in losing weight......I know it's not my responsibility to make her feel good, but I still feel kind of awkward about the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love being this weight, I feel healthy and "light." I am so tall and lanky, this is a perfect size for me. A healthy size 6. But *sigh* there are pitfalls....

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? See, never being all that thin, I didn't experience the opposite effect, going from thin to fatter and experiencing the increasing disinterest in the opposite sex. I am curious if anyone else who has lost weight (or gained weight) has experienced similar things....

Grace
Sponsored Links