View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

Well... I really dislike Dr. Phil... but this is a great thread! LOL!

Why do you want to lose weight?

I was becoming uncomfortable in my skin. I want to be able to do the things in life that make me happy without feeling uncomfortable or physically stressed. Things like running all day at Walt Disney World with my family - riding every thrill ride I want!, Having sex with my husband and feeling sexy at the same time.... riding my horses and not having to reposition my fat thighs so that my leg can hang properly to give the horse proper signals. Fitting normal sized clothes and having them fit comfortably loose.

To regain my sense of feeling "okay" with myself.

What are you doing -- or not doing -- to lose weight?

I am eating low carb - following the Atkins plan. I am doing it "right" - moving through the phases in a purposeful manner. I drink lots of water, spread my carbs out throughout the day, eat enough but not too much protein... and make sure that the bulk of my fats are "good" fats that contribute to my long term health. I talk to myself each day - that this is a Way of Eating that is for life - MY LIFE.

Pinpoint ten patterns of living that you have accepted without question. For example: putting off your exercise or snacking when you're not hungry." (From Dr. Phil's website)

1) I need a schedule in my life or I tend to make bad eating choices.
2) I cannot allow myself to be in denial - that is how I have always gained weight... but not weighing and by ignoring what I was eating. What I didn't know... DID hurt me.
3) I am a morning person - that is when I have energy and strength - so I need to put my daily "hard" activities or commitments into the morning.
4) I eat for amusement if I am bored.
5) I love to cook. Low carb is a joy because I can cook wonderful satisfying food - using real, whole foods.
6) When I am stressed - I tend to withdraw from my circle of friends and family. Of course that is when I need them most.
7) I really only enjoy exercise - AFTER it is done! LOL! But I have to remember how the "after" feels - so that I get it started and do it.
8) I am a mother - it is an integral part of my life - and I am at my best when I act on these "selfless" maternal instincts.
9) I am loved by many worthy people. I need to remember that when I am hard on myself.
10) My body is not that of a 20 year old. It never will be again. It is great for 40, but I need to keep a grip on perspective and not set unrealistic expectations of myself.

That was a good exercise to do... strongly encourage everyone to do this.