View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 15:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%
Default Re: Why Did You Choose the Zone?

Quote:
Originally posted by nawchem
I was just wondering why someone would drop Atkins for the zone, or choose the Zone over other diets. The zone does take more planning and more calculation then the average diet.

For me, I loved Atkins. I could eat all I wanted of some foods, and substitute fake foods for the ones I missed. Its the only way I have ever lost weight in a lifetime of being overweight. Unfortunately I didn't feel good in a big way following Atkins, when I ended up in the hospital I figured it was time to find another way to lowcarb.
Nancy

I have always been very NUTRITIONALLY conscious, however, I was tired of being TIRED. I was also getting very frustrated with the fact I was not getting any 'return on my investment' ~ time at the gym. Actually, I didn't have to change what I ate so much, but HOW I ate it. Instead of eating an apple by itself, I now balance it with protein and fat. I feel so much better now. I sleep less. I have more energy. My cholesterol numbers are great and I've lost a lot of body fat. I was down to 16.1% and 129lbs.
I will admit, I had a pretty big set back this past few months (not eating enough!), but I'm back on track.
I truly believe in this lifestyle.
I don't want to get into any huge debate over Atkins, but, nutritionally, it does not make sense to me. Also, TOO MUCH saturated fat is allowed and we all know that's not good. To me the Zone is something we can do for LIFE. Atkins is not.
Just my 2 cents.