#7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 12:45
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 205/175/170
BF:
Progress: 86%

I don't like the new book at all.

I don't agree with a lot of what she says, one in particular, her demonizing dairy products, particularly milk.

Many studies (not funded by the Dairy Council), now show milk to be a good low glycemic food. Studies are now showing that four servings dairy (and that includes MILK) per day lessen our fat cells and contribute to weight loss.

Please read the July 2002 issue of Readers Digest for a great article on the benefits of milk and weight loss for a fascinating read. And no, the article is not funded by the National Dairy Council. It's really a great work of research.

Also, since I stopped calcium supplements and eat lots of dairy products instead, my pms has improved incredibly.

I don't believe that hard cheeses are "damaged fats" and I am concerned that Schwarzbein is turning into a fanatic. I wonder how much of her statements on various issues have scientific backing.

Even Gary Taubes now famous article in the Times "Has it all been a big fat lie", showed that research into ketosis shows ketosis is not harmful.

I myself do not follow a ketotic diet. I follow the principles I learned in a wonderful book titled "The Insulin Resistance Diet". only I ignore all the low fat recommendations in the book and eat plenty of fat.

However I do "link and balance" proteins and carbs, as the books suggests. This has made such a huge difference in my health and it's something I can follow forever.

Please read the reviews on amazon. com. The book really isn't expensive and is worth buying.

I'm sorry if I pissed off any hard-core Schwarzbein followers with this message. I apologize if I have. I think her first book was on the right track, but this one really disappointed me.

I believe low carb, in whatever form you follow, is the way, but Schwarzbein's militant stance on some issues is just hard for me to swallow.