Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default If there was such a concern....

Quote:
How could I as a good father allow her to consume all those evil sugary carbs. So I did my duty and had 6 reeses peanut butter cups (the big ones) and 4 kit kat bars, so about 140 carbs altogether.

If there was such a concern about not allowing your children to consume "all those evil sugary carbs", then why did you let her go trick or treating in the first place? Do you truly think that a kid is not going to want to eat the carbage that they collect from trick-or-treating? That is as stupid in my opinion, as my friend's niece. Her son is 4 years old and weighs 85 POUNDS!!! FOUR YEARS OLD!!!!! He is prediabetic, and has been put on a VERY restricted sugar and restricted starch diet... so she takes him trick-or-treating, thinking she will only let him have 1 piece of candy a day! When they came back to the house, for a bathroom break, he was already getting into it, and she was not stopping him! But then, she is only 5 foot tall, and weighs 350 pounds, and she is diabetic, and does not care what she eats... it is so sad that she is passing a death sentence on to her son. I am not saying that you are passing a death sentence on to your child, but if such "evil sugary carbs" are such a concern, why didn't you find some healthier alternative for your child?