View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 20:47

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Enjoying my time off...

I’m almost a week into my PTO with another to go before having to return to the office. Being on vacation reminds me how much easier it is to eat well and exercise well. Everything is more enjoyable with time off being completely free of any professional commitments whatsoever!

Suffice it to say, this week’s running and workouts have been excellent. My running continues to be of both high quality and effortless on basically no carbs. I’ve increased my running speed to bring my heart rate back up to the 160 – 170 range. Sometimes, I’m tempted to run longer, but have been disciplined enough to keep my running only to 30 minutes.

My wind sprints are in full spring now. I don’t feel as if I’m running as fast as I once did, but do feel they’ve been progressing along. However, I suspect sprinting would be improved by carbohydrate intake. Next week, I’ll have some sprints accurately timed alternating the timing between low and no carb periods for a compare and contrast.

My weight training has been the biggest surprise thus far. Not only do I feel no adverse effects whatsoever from zero carbs, but also I feel my weight sessions have improved in both quality and intensity. I’m increasing my weights at a faster pace than I ever have in the past, and have noticed the positive physical changes I had expected from no carb and weight increase.

Unfortunately, my past week’s fencing bouts could only be described as flat. Calling it that would be both generous and euphemistic. I just flat out sucked! Lost 3 consecutive bouts for the first time in my life. On the bright side, my inexplicable lackluster performance with the epee is more due to the quality of my opponents than not eating enough carbs.