Thread: Hip joint pain
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 16:40

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I started LC this January and my hips, which have given me some problems off and on in the past started hurting like crazy. I had also gone off the MSM(1000mg)/Glucosamine(1000mg)/Chondrointin(1000mg) for a couple of months and that seemed to make it worse so I got back on that and gave it a couple of months. It helped a smidgeon.

I was already on fish capsules and tried upping the number of capsules I take but couldnt do that because I started tasting the fish all day (yuk).

Then I heard about hyaluronic acid that you can get at the health food store that is suppose to help joint pain. I started taking that and within a couple of weeks or less felt a bit of relief.

Then, I read something on the internet about how fish capsules were tested and about 50% of them in the same bottle were rancid and how you do not want to take rancid fish oil because it is bad for your body. So it was recommended that you take Cod Liver oil in liquid form instead. I decided to switch. The first week I took 2 T a day morning and night. Within a week I got significant relief in my hips. After the first week I went down to 1T per day and still had the same relief.

Just so you know it wasnt just that I needed an increase in the oil in my diet, I was already taking 2T coconut oil, 6 capsules of flax seed oil, and 2 capsules of evening primrose oil per day.

So there is something about this cod liver oil that works wonders. It has alot of vit A and vit D per tablespoon, so maybe thats it, I really dont know.

Anyway, I dont know if any of you are still around but I thought I would mention my experience and maybe it would help someone who is suffering.