View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 08:29

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Apparently Vegar got checked out by a doctor after the incident, infact, when it happened there were to health professionals in the kayaking course (one EMT and I don't remember what the other guy was), and they were just finishing up a short first-aid lecture as part of the briefing when my poor brother involuntarily became a demonstration...

The doctor took some blood, and the results will come back in the beginning of next week. I'm sure they had all been standing with their knees locked; this was a riverside security briefing prior to setting out on the river in their kayaks. I've had dizzy spells off and on since the first time I started singing in a choir, at age twelve, and I know a lot about the locked knees thing, lol! I also donate blood, but Vegar is not allowed to, on account of being on medication for asthma.

I sometimes get woozy after a meal, especially if it's a dense one (Which most of them are these days, obviously). Since this was after breakfast that may have been part of it. I'm sure part of the problem was that Vegar was totally unprepared for this, since I don't believe he has been dizzy like this in his life before now... I know I worked out early in life that to sit down, drink water or walk around were all excellent ideas when I felt like this...

I don't know if there are any other tests scheduled. He got told to take the next day off work, and take it easy.

Thank you all for answering! I hope there's nothing at all wrong with him; my own issues with low bp are almost certainly an inherited trait from our mother, so he might just be lucky, too.