#6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 17:36

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default just stay dry!

Hi --

So you're a low carber who drinks bourbon?! That's like saying you are a low carber who eats bowls of spaghetti with garlic bread sides!!!

But seriously, I gave up drinking before I had even heard of the low carb WOL, and I think former experience informed the latter. That is, I can more easily look past that bowl of popcorn having already learned to look past that bottle of bourbon.

When I drank all I wanted to do was to drink more -- was this to get more drunk or was it part of the insulin response? I have no idea, but I'll tell you this: when I stopped coming home and having glasses of bourbon I took up drinking cranberry juice (read: corn syrup juice with cranberry coloring and flavoring). So I gave up one carb-fest to indulge in another!

I'll tell you another thing: I'd never have been able to give up carbs if I were still drinking. I think going low carb almost demands being dry -- or to put it another way, abstinence from alcohol is an important part of the larger low carb WOL (way of living).

Just my tuppence --