View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 16:08
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%

Yes, this type of diet could cause a death in someone who is not taking the proper supplements, and who may have a potassium and/or electrolyte imbalance the first place. Even though she may have had no known medical conditions or symptoms, doesn't mean that there wasn't any there! There are many many athletes who keel over during sports who have a certain heart disorder, called Marfan Syndrome, that was undiagnosed. It is supposed that Abraham Lincoln may have had this disease. It is an INDIVIDUAL THING... no one can TRULY give cause to what the actual cause of death was... but we do not know what she ate, what was her physical condition BEFORE she started the diet, was she getting enough nutrition.. factors like that. And Seyont.... fooey with your rabbit starvation diet theory... My diet is lean meats and cheeses,eggs and an occasional salad, and I am not only feeling better than I have in years... I also done this diet when I was younger for over a month, and I am still alive! Twenty MILLION people have also been reported to have done a similiar diet, and those people did not all die either!To say that sort of diet is a death sentence is as ludicrious as asserting that it was DEFINITELY the high protein/low carb diet that killed this young girl.
Quote:
Low carb without sufficient water, veggies or supplements is not Atkins. As a matter of fact, it's not any low carb plan that I'm aware of.
LisaN, Stillmans diet had no veggies, although he does/did propose adequate water and vitamin supplements. Stillman Diet Summary And as far as not getting enough food.... I fasted for 6 weeks in 1999, with nothing but water... no supplements or vitamins... if someone dies from lack of supplements... wouldn't I have died? Like I said before, in MY OPINION, there was some underlying cause as to why this girl had a potassium/electrolyte imbalance... I know in cases of extreme diarrhea/vomiting, that this can happen... especially in babies... that is the main reason for pedialyte... and also excessive sweating combined with insufficient water intake can also cause potassium/electrolyte imbalances... it is why they put electrolytes in drinks like gatorade!