View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 10:44

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, ...red...

After reading the boards, it is apparent that it is a very individual thing regarding the low carb diets.

I start mine (again) tomorrow, but let me tell you about mine from the first go round.

I had coffee every morning. With sweet-n-low and half-n-half.

I used no carb bars, no diet sodas and no diet foods of any type. Whole foods only. And I never counted my carbs. I just became familiar with what was low carb and ate only three meals a day. Breakfast was usually eggs and something and coffee, lunch was some kind of meat with either broccoli, cabbage or one of the leafy greans, and supper was bascially a repeat of lunch. I used plenty of butter, mayo, sour cream and such. It took me three days to get over any of the cravings, and from then on I couldn't care less about eating carbs.

But, that being said, I also must tell you the last time around I found out how sensitive to carbs I am. Very!!! I didn't get on the scale for a week, and I lost eight pounds the first week. (So, I don't really know if I gained at first or not). After that, I lost something every day (unless they were scheduled cheat days). And yes, I found I could have scheduled cheat days. I didn't lose on that day, but I didn't gain either. As long as it wasn't two days in a row, I was fine.

I truly believe now that I have food sensitivities and that is why the low carb diet is so successful for me! Not only am I getting rid of the fat, I am getting rid of what affects my breathing, my poor digestion etc. This time though, I am not going back!

Good luck!