View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 23:45

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

You may want to check out going vegetarian VS your blood type. Check out 'Eat Right For Your Type' by Dr. D'Adamo. If you are a blood type O or B you may want to rethink going vegetarian. Since you are eating meat now may I ask why you are considering going vegetarian? And what type of vegetarian? From you post it 'suggests' you think eating meat isn't 'right'. Does that mean you think it isn't healthy or isn't fair to eat an animal? (In which case you may want to read "The Covenant of the Animals". I'm not *really* trying to discourage you from going vegetarian, but it is very difficult going low-carb and vegetarian, especially if you are blood type O or B. I ate an ovo-lacto, but high complex-carb form of vegetarianism for 14 months--I became diabetic. Diabetes does NOT run in my family at all. I do now eat animal protein, but I also eat a lot of eggs, cheeses, and soy products. I also eat a lot of fat and have found the fat stabilizes my blood sugar and my cholesteral has actually come down quite a bit eating all this fat--which fairly flys in the face of the AMA dietary recommendations.
As to bean, the only beans that aren't high carb are 'black' soy beans (they have about 1/4 the carbs of other types of beans) and they are just fine in chili! They are hard to find, but well worth it.
Post back and let us know, we'll help you find the 'right' way for you to eat