View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 23:01

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Smile Welcome back!

Theres nothing at all to be ashamed or humiliated about. I'd say most of us have been where your at.. We're all here for one reason, so you're not any different from the rest of us.

My advice would be to quit the procrastinating. "I'll start the next day..ect" I actually used to do that, it makes it worse because it's like setting yourself up for failure. You don't know what tommorrow or the next day is going to bring, it's not any different then TODAY..When you sit there convincing yourself that you'll start lowcarbing the next day, you also end up telling yourself its OK to eat whatever you want untill then! Which isn't the way to go because you'll never end up starting untill you just do it now.

If the scale and mirrors depress you so much, don't annalyze yourself in them. You won't get thin that way, you'll only get more depressed. You could take some pics instead as a way to watch your progress.(heck, you can just upload them to a private online photoalbum where nobody would see them and they don't have to be on your comp)

And screw "after" halloween. Think about BEFORE Thanksgiving and Christmas which is coming up very soon! Think about what you're gonna look like in a month or so, not how bad you think you look now.

And If you can't go back to lowcarb coldturkey, DON'T. Start slow. For instance, don't touch any candy on halloween, then the next day cut out all breads, pastas ect... Just keep cutting yoruself down untill you're back on track so its not so overwhelming. Any change is better then feeling like this, eh?