View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 20:36

Plan: CKD
Stats: 298/190/180
BF:
Progress: 92%

people people, you don't need to miss your old foods.
I hear of poeple on the keto diet that are always in ketosis

This is good up to a certain point, the bottom line is that your body realizes you are losing weight and it stops producing something called leptin ( or produces it in much smaller amounts ) this tells your body to fight you to hold on to whatever fat you have, it slows down your metabolism making it harder to mobilize fat for energy.

The reason why the induction works so well is because everyone who usually starts the induction previously ate sugary, carb-loaded foods and maybe were slightly overweight, very overweight or extremely overweight, your leptin levels are high when you are overweight and thus your body is basically saying ( hey you've got enough fat stored, I'm ready to let it go when you are ) so you do the induction, reduce calories and carb intake and voila you get great results ( and most testimonies I've seen of the atkins induction say that they lost the most weight from the induction, this is the reason ) , what you should be doing on a weekly if not bi-weekly basis is 'carbing-up', resetting your metabolism, after you lose so much weight, your body slows down your metabolism making it harder to lose, even though you are working just as hard, when you carb-up you increase your calories and stored glycogen ( blood sugar ) levels to the point where your body starts producing more leptin, telling your body you are being fed and preparing you for an renewed fat loss session for the next week.

Many people don't do this because they think it's wrong because of hte carbs or because they gain a few pounds over the carb up ( this is mostly water weight and goes away after you resume your keto diet at the end of the carb-up)

The diet is much more enjoyable when it's NECESSARY to incorporate sugar-laden foods to keep fat loss going ( it sounds strange but it isn't ) do some searches on the CKD forum for refeeds and you'll see what I mean. One catch is during the carb-up you must keep fats DOWN. that means fat free high carb goodies ( entenmanns fat free danish, smarties, pop tarts ( low fat ), cereals ( with skim milk ) pancakes, pasta!

I was stuck in my weight loss for 4 months beofre learning about refeeds, starting mine last week and Im losing more body fat, it's like I'm starting where I got stuck 4 months ago.

It's a fun game the body, once you know how to play it!

It's also fun to be called Skeletor at work! I enjoy it because
At one time I had a 44 inch waist and size c cup breasts ( and I'm a MAN ) hehe shows how bad I was!