View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 14:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Stalled and confused

I am 5 1/2 weeks into Atkins and seem to be stalled. I did induction strictly in the first two weeks and lost weight at a nice pace. After two weeks I started adding foods, but did not increase my total carbs over 20. In the third week I gained (which seemed due to the time of the month), then I slowly lost what I had gained, but then stopped. My weight now is almost exactly the same as it was three and a half weeks ago.

I eat green vegatables every day, no shakes or bars, drink lots of water, moderate exercise. The only "fake foods" are some low carb tortillas, and I have been eating an Atkins muffin for breakfast. Other than that I hardly ever have artificial sweeteners. I have had nuts once or twice, and fresh cheese a few times, but otherwise I'm still eating only induction foods. I have been doing Fitday and I tend to eat around 15 grams of (net) carb a day.

Since the weight loss stopped, I have given up caffeine. Also starting today I'm taking flaxseed oil & my multivitamin is about to run out, so I thought maybe getting some better supplements might help.

I have been reading this board for advice and have become a bit overwhelmed by all the information here. Should I be eating more carb? less? fewer calories? more? more fat? less dairy?

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to look at my Fitday food log and tell me what I'm doing wrong?Here's the address:

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJour...l?Owner=ovenall

Also, a couple of specific questions:

1. If I cut back on diary, what should I eat for fat? I don't like eggs or mayonnaise. What else can I eat to keep my fat intake up?

2. Can anyone recommend a specific multivitamin and essential oil capsule? There are so many brands, it's difficult to know which are good.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I know it's wrong to compare myself to others, but a coworker and I went on Atkins at the same time, and he's been losing steadily all along, even though he's much less strict than I am. It's so not fair! He's been really nice about it, but it's still frustrating.
Sponsored Links