View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:23

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Accidental carb up?

For some unknown reason, this week’s workouts were almost effortless. I felt energized, strong, and breezed through the 5lb weight increase.

This is very unusual for me since during my cutting phases, my workouts usually suffer from a lowering of food intake. This morning’s run was very easy. I’m not a fan of heart rate monitors (due to the discomfort of wearing them), but I did strap it on today to see to monitor my heart rate since I felt my runs were becoming progressively less strenuous. This morning’s run at 8.5 mph for 30 min, I barely touched 150. At this rate, I think next week I will increase the speed up to 9.0 – 9.5 mph to settle my heart rate in the 165 – 170 range. For me, I find it easier to run faster than it is to run longer.

The biggest surprise is how easily I powered through the 5lb increase in upper body weights. It was the easiest time I’ve ever had during a weight increase. I can only imagine the reason being the carbs in the chocolate ice cream I had eaten on Friday night? I just had to try the new Haagen Dazs Mayan Chocolate! LOL…talk about a carb up with “bang for your buck!”

I’m curious to see if I’ll retain this state during my fencing bouts next week.