View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 13:56

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Update

Well thanks for everyone who responded..

This week I switched from CKD which makes you exercise around the diet (mild carb depletion workouts on Mon-Tues to get into ketosis and severe carb depletion WO on Friday to get out of ketosis afterwards) to TKD which makes you eat carbs around pretty high intensity cardio and/or workouts.

it works brilliantly .. I was OK in the past 2 weeks regarding weight lifting, but the cardio really sucked.. I could only attain some speed about 20 mins into the cardio lesson as I was like death warmed over like Jalilah said.. today the spinning right after WT was simply great. I had added 35 g of maltodextrin and about 15 ml of unsweetened (Brazilian) passion fruit syrup. I was completely hyper.. the 35 g was just enough to make me feel energetic, while I was back in ketosis late in the afternoon..
I'm still going to carb up in the weekend in order to raise leptin levels, but only for 1-2 meals of 300 kcal each (same as my normal meal consumption)

Oh, and I also made some changes to my plans. This is what I do this week .. the next one is for after I come back from the holidays
currently
mon am UBWO or LBWO , pm aquajogging
tues nothing
wed am LBWO or UBWO followed by spinning lesson
thurs am short 20 min cardio on bike: cycling up a small local hill about 8 times..
friday am UBWO or LBWO
sat am spinning , followed by a small depletion WO, mostly to try out exercises I haven't done before or do normally..

after I come back
mon pm aquajogging
tues am UBWO or LBWO
wed am spinning
thurs am LBWO or UBWO
fri am hort 20 min cardio on bike: cycling up a small local hill about 8 times.. and if the plans of the gym will come true, a spinning lesson in the morning
sat am UBWO or LBWO followed (or preceded) by a spinning lesson

The advantage of the 2nd method would be that doing a WO on Saturday would be more depletion like especially when it is an UBWO combined with spinning (like a LBWO).