View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 13:41

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

This week I changed from CKD to TKD as the cardio I was doing was simply too intense for not eating any carbs.
I was as Jalilah put it so eloquently like death warmed over during a spnning session (wed right after weight training and sat on its' own) while today after adding 40 gram of carbs (maltodextrin and a fruit syrup w/o extra sugar) I felt on top of the world..
Most of the carbs were depleted by the long slow bike ride back home (60 mins, normally 45 but the combo of cardio and weight training is a bit hard)

Because I still want to raise leptin levels I will have one or 2 carb meals and not raise my caloric intake (on a typical carboloading it should be 3000 kcal vs 1900 kcal in week day) on Saturday rather than eating carbs all day long.. When I carboloaded, I gained 2 kg and only was back to the old weight on Friday prior to the next carboload..

BTW, in the excellent page on refeeding http://www.theministryoffitness.com...s/article18.htm it was mentioned that people with a body fat above 20% should only refeed/carbo load every 10-14 days..