View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 13:00

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

If you already spend 1 hr /day on cardio you should definitely start doing BFL. It doesn't take more than 45-50 mins for weight training and just 20 mins of cardio .. both 3 times/week.
I'm doing that and love it.. I only needed to change from CKD into TKD (eating a bit of carb before working out and cardio) because
- carboloading made me feel awful because of the bloated feeling and esp. the horrible carb cravings
- I like cardio too much to have it last only 20 mins.. I take 2 spinning lessons (45 mins each) and have just added aquajogging (also 45 mins)..
Both aren't very hard on the joints.. I have weak joints so am careful not to start overtaxing them too much by high-impact cardio such as running or as I did last February, skipping rope.. 8 months later I'm still trying to get rid of that nasty injury which came after just 20 mins of skipping rope..
By comparison I participated in a 3 hour marathon spinning session and had no problems whatsoever ... rowing might be more difficult though..