View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 07:40

Plan: Swarzbein
Stats: 312/294/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default New to group

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a bit but realized I have to post, it's part of the commitment I have made to myself

I have lots of weight to lose and have been fooling around for a few months. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in August and did not come to grips with it until yesterday. I don't have to be on any meds, just control my carbs. I monitor my BS and without all the prossesed carbs it is so in the normal range, when I eat sweets and white things it does go up, but not that high yet. I had to ask my self what was I waiting for? Complications to set in? Having to be on meds?. What a dope, I didn't know how lucky I was to catch this disease now.

When I'm 100% on LC I feel great and my appetite does decrease but my head is still at odds with myself. I didn't get this way just because I like food, there is an awful lot of emotional eating involved.

How do you all deal with that? I don't have to be hungry to want to eat. I guess this for me is the hardest part, and I know it won't go away by its self. Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening, from reading your posts, I can tell your all caring people.

Honeyone
Sponsored Links