#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 18:24

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 250/247/136
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default brand new & hoping!

Hi all,
Today I started induction on the Atkins diet. I already blew it, cause I had two cups of caffeinated coffee. I KNOW I'm physiologically addicted to the stuff, but going cold turkey just is beyond me. I usually drink a pot a day. I won't have any more today and am going to try to drink mint tea instead. Although I love coffee, I want to be thin much more than I want to be a coffee drinker. I'm willing to give it up, but it may take a few days. I did use heavy cream in it today instead of my usual milk, and also used some sweet & low, and now I'm thinking, shoot, sweet & low is also not correct, right? Additionally I didn't measure the whipping cream, just poured some in. Oh well...tomorrow I'll measure it if I use it again.
I have been up and down and up and down and up again ad nauseum with my weight since I was 19. I am now 49. I am 5'8 and a half, and have my goal as being 136. Honestly though I start looking good when I hit 175 or so, and look lean and good at 150......136 is that I-can-take-my-clothes-off and not run shrieking ideal. The weight at which I know I can wear a bathing suit and look good. So.....here goes.
My last diet was a very low calorie, medically supervised diet that I had had success with in the past, but this time the program had changed and I did not have a good success with it even though I was excercising and compliant. VERY frustrating.

I will do my best to be 100% compliant with Atkins induction, except for genuinely feeling I need to wean myself off of coffee over the span of a few days. I'll also go out and get some Splenda if I can find it, or just plain saccharine.

I do like diet root beer, but that is made with nutrasweet. Are there any brands of diet soda that comply with the Atkins regime that you all use successfully?

Crystal Light says it contains no carbohydrates...is that an okay beverage on this program?

Lastly, my supermarket carries these low carb bars that are 25 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and zero sugar. Would this bar be appropriate on induction?

Thank you all for reading this and good luck to everyone!

~Red
Sponsored Links