#45   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 19:41

Plan: No grains, no sugar.
Stats: 001/045/525 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOPS
I think it is actually the fat I crave, because it's not every day I can render down a load of lard crispies (which are the one thing I adore and then I don't eat any fatty cheeses etc). Also, based on what I've read from other people's posts - I don't have the bloating/gas/diarrhea from dairy. I think it is very hard to get enough fat on a low carb diet without using dairy fat - and I think this is what most low-carbers crave no? I am talking about more than 70% fat from diet.

I think it's always the fat we crave. I can't think of a single food that people crave that doesn't have a large amount of fat in it, or else doesn't have a fake fat texture, like licorice/Red Vines-type candy.

What I've discovered is you can get to 70% + fat by keeping protein down. Once you start thinking about restricting protein, it's amazing how the fat percentage of your diet naturally goes up -- you start looking for the fattiest cuts of meat, cooking with oil (I use butter, but oil would work if you are trying to eliminate dairy), and so on.