Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Energy, CFS,& Atkins

Hi There,
I've found that Low carb eating has not helped get rid of my CFS. The cycles are still there. What this way of eating HAS done though is to make life a bit more pleasant. I can eat flavourful food without worrying about gaining weight, and also have a certain sustainable level of energy. It is just one more tool in living with, rather than curing this condition.

I know what you mean about hoping for the magic bullet. I think that those of us with chronic illness are the backbone of the alternative health industry. I don't know how many times I have said "This is the last time I'm trying a 'miracle' cure", only to find myself trying something else a few months later.

Through all the experimenting I have found that the low carb lifestyle is a keeper. Implementing it with CFS takes a little fine tuning. Our exercise for the day might be a trip down the hall during a low period, and then we have to always be conscious of not doing too much when the energy starts coming back. Controlled expansion of activity is quite the discipline. I find that the level of carb consumption can parallel activity. It is quite the dance! Good luck in finding what works for your body. (Doreen is right about the protein, bye the way. )

Colin