#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 04:45
Registered Member

Plan: Life without bread
Stats: 200/175/170
BF:
Progress: 83%
Thumbs up Low carb health from a paleo perspective

I was thinking about something the other day. I have read neanderthin, protein power life plan, atkins, life without bread and loren cordains paleo diet book.

What occured to me is that we have very little evidence of what they ate during paleolithic times anyway. Some clues lie in the temperatures and the enviroment during those times and other plaeo finds. This however is only guess work.

What if the plants have evolved with us...why not? What if these plants, grains and fruits actualy have a much greater beneficial effect than any negative ones. There is no doubt that low carb dieting induces great weight loss and improves certain aspects of health. But how do we know the long term effects of such a diet? very few paleo people lived long enough to give evidence and there exists no long term studies into such a diet...

You may say, the eskimos live this way and so do certain tribes in africa...The vast majority don't and in fact the longest living people do eat higher carb. I have a feeling that through all our low carb reasoning and searching for solutions we neglect the fact that beans, grains, tubers, fruit and veg contain lots of protective components. Perhaps, these outweigh any negative aspect.

Please read the following website and give me your opinions. I think that perhaps, an evolutionary view point is not the stance to take. That rather, modern scientific evidence and long term studies be the way forward...

http://www.naturalhub.com/index.htm...al%20Food%20Hub

The seeds section is particularry interesting...

Thanks to anyone who replies....
Sponsored Links