Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 20:28

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: To weigh or not to weigh

Quote:
Originally posted by Casey3po
Only thing is, I KNOW I'll get depressed if I step on scale and don't notice any loss (or percieved loss since I actually didn't weigh myself before I began).

Casey, I can empathize. Nothing can ruin a great 'skinny' day faster than stepping on the evil scale when you just know you shouldn't. My advice is if you know it's not a good idea, don't do it!

I'm also a numbers kinda gal. I like tangible things. I've come to accept that weight fluctuates - daily, weekly and monthly. Exercise, water retention, the weight of the food I eat, TOM and even when I ovulate all effect the scale - so I take the numbers with a grain of salt.

I've found that it helps to have other frames of reference, other numbers. If you do decide to weigh you should also get out a measuring tape and a pair of test pants. Take measurements in many places - it's common to lose inches on one thigh and not the other. If you can, take pictures.

And of course, take stock of how you feel on a daily basis. That really is the most important measure. If you intend on eating this way for the rest of your life then good health and fat loss are inevitable

Nat