View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 20:17

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I personally only weigh myself once a week....no matter how much I want to know what the scales say!

For many years I wouldn't go near a scale....if it showed I'd lost, I'd "celebrate" and end up gaining it back....if it showed an increase, I'd drown my sorrows in food....either way I'd end up gaining.

When I started Atkins I weighed myself and I weigh every week. I'd like to be able to say that I only weigh monthly or something....but at least its' not daily!

My suggestion? How much do you THINK you've lost? 1 lb? 5? whatever it is....get on the scale and take it at face value. If you then add the # of pounds you think you've lost, that could be your starting weight!

Also...check your measurements....I was shocked at some of those numbers!

And then there is the "pant-o-meter". Just go by how you feel in your clothes!

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter where you actually start....what's important is that you've started a new, healthy way of life....and if you stick with it you'll be rewarded!

Welcome to the forum...feel free to ask any questions you might have. The people on here are very helpful and supportive!

You might also wasnt to start a journal....it's good to write things down, and people will come by and add their words of encouragement!