View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 06:36

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Jo, you're my new hero! In the past I always had the most success when I followed Dr. Atkins' plan. I've wandered around trying other things, but maybe it's time to "go back home."

I remember before starting Atkins (long, long ago) I read the book from cover to cover and one thing jumped out at me. He was discussing the 2-week Induction phase. I've never been able to find the actual quotation in the book again, but it was something to the effect of, "It's only 2 weeks. Don't go into this thinking you'll give it a try. Totally dedicate yourself to it, no exceptions, for 2 full weeks and THEN decide whether to continue."

I think that's what got me going. I had "tried" so many diets and exercise programs before. I'd never really dedicated myself to anything, no excuses, for any length of time. I could do 2 weeks. What's 2 weeks? You can do anything for 2 weeks. Well, I was hooked. I'd only lost 6 pounds, but I felt so much better and for the first time in my life, food didn't control me.

Jo, you've inspired me to go back to my roots, so to speak. I'll re-read the book again (the one from 1999, not the newer one, which I think is more lenient). I'm starting again today.

Thanks, Jo, for visiting me in my menopause haze!