View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 05:52

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

Just a suggestion, but I've found two things that *really* seem to help when I get flare-ups are: Colostrum (I like New Life Colostrum Plus) and DSF Formula from Nutri-West (adrenal support). I normally take two colostrum per day and one half DSF (chewed) twice per day, but when I'm gripped by a flare-up I take 4 colostrum twice a day and as many DSF as I think I need--up to 4/day (they taste terrible--4 is all I can stand!) In fact, a LOT of times when I think I may be harboring an infection, I'll do the 'mega' colostrum and I usually either pass over the infection altogether, or just get a really mild case that may last only a day or so. I also take pycnogenol when I'm feeling really 'draggy-a**ed'. They help a lot. I haven't found anything to help with the 'clumsys' and 'dropsys', though. Thank goodness those symptoms don't last long--they're very frustrating!
I take a lot of other supplements too, but I've definitely noticed a very real difference taking those during flare-ups. I've been on a self-directed program which is very slowly working. I've been working on it for about 3 or so years now and there is some relief. I 'do' chiropractic, massage therapy, nutritional supplementation, low-carb (I'm diabetic also), and I've just started exploring the 'alkaline' way of life--too soon to tell on this one, but so far my blood sugar is looking somewhat better....