View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/167/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I like your use of the pyramid, Bull999999, but for different reasons than you state. Once I began meeting my physical needs by eating the right food, my life began to feel (if not actually become) more ordered and stable. As far as belonging, I noticed that some people paid me a lot more attention after I lost weight, and although this was nice, I could recognize it as superficial and I learned to respect and appreciate people who liked me for what was inside, which helped me develop greater self-confidence. Thus, I also developed greater self-respect and a stronger sense of integrity and tried to do things that would increase people's respect for me (if I thought it was worth it and not superficial!!) and thus my needs for esteem were better met. Now I can see the self-actualization phase in myself -- focussing on things that give me an inner pleasure and personal sense of accomplishment -- and then the whole thing goes round in a circle because that inner sense of fulfillment makes me feel more ordered and secure and other people respond to that and so on...
This has been really interesting to think about -- thanks, Bull999999!