View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 20:19

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default Ah, yes the cravings...

After three weeks of sticking to this plan, I would say it's remarkably easy when you're set on it. I still think about some foods I'm not allowed to eat, but it doesn't bother me as much since I'm satisfied on steaks, seafood, and fatty salads with dressing. Plus I love my veggies so it's tastier to fill up on meat and those than a bowl of pasta. And when you're full, do you really need a sugary treat?

It's funny how hard it seems to those who have no interest in trying it. A friend of mine is an overweight carbo ADDICT (sleep eats Little Debbies, gorges on cookies, craves carbs at every moment) and I find her a perfect model for someone who should be trying to elminate carbs. After talking to me for a while about what you can and cannot eat, she was appalled at the concept of giving up milk and fruit. I don't know much about other low-carb plans, but maybe sugarbusters or something is more the way for her?

Anyway, I love lowcarbing. All that starchy, bready, cakey, sugary stuff seems gross to me.

Go protein!