#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/168/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Desperate for a BUDDY!

Hi there I am new to this forum thing and I think I am really going to like it. I live in the boonies and am a stay at home mom (3yr old boy ie stressmaker). I need to be accountable to someone and get some encouragement. I do feel better as far as headaches go. I have been back on Atkins for about 14 days now, since Oct. 13 and although I did not weigh at the start I think I have lost about 7 lbs. I am at 168 and my goal weight is 145. I have had a lot more energy since I cut out carbs and I have been keeping it under 20 most days. I have not had one single slice of bread or any sugar since I started so I should be proud of that fact alone. I find that I am a much easier person to get along with since I gave up my beloved carbs. I cannot imagine life without pizza however, and I occasionally (during high stress) want to eat a loaf of bread. I used to easily eat half a large pizza or 6 pieces of toast in one sitting. I can just remember the hang over from that and I am glad I am on this program. My problem was adding the carbs back on. Once, I had bread with my sandwich I was off the wagon. I hope now that I have this board and journal, I can keep it together. This is the only diet I have ever been on where I was never hungry and I consistently lost weight. It sure makes you take a look at why you eat when you are not hungry and the things that stress you out. I have actually gotten back on my treadmill and have been quite consistent with that . I am going to skip the atkins bar today (the highlight of my day!) and make sure I have my beef sticks with me at the movies! I look forward to hearing from you all and I feel encouraged already Thanks for listening and good luck all Kim
Sponsored Links