#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132.3/127.9/119
BF:
Progress: 33%
Angry I'm boycotting Boots!

Hi There

I have just started the Atkins diet again after falling off the bandwagon for a few months. First week on induction and I have lost about 5lbs so inspired to keep going!

Anyway, I went to buy some ketostix from Boots in High St Kensington (London) the other day and I was asked by some jumped up sales person what they were for - I replied 'I don't think that's any business of yours'. She then proceeded to tell me that she could not sell me ketostix unless it was because I was on medication!!!! I said I needed them to test if my body was in ketosis (she probably did not know what I was talking about!) - she ran off and checked with the pharmacist and came back to tell me that they did not have any in stock - which I suspect was not the truth! I was livid!!!

I have heard similar stories - Where do Boots staff get off telling us they can't sell us what is basically litmus paper on a stick because of a particular diet we may be following!!

I managed to get the stix at a Boots near my work with no questions asked - So much for company policy huh!

Needless to say, I wont be shopping at boots again except in emergency!

Anyone else had similar problems!

Jules
Sponsored Links