Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 20:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I feel a bit light headed.

Sally, I know it's a few days since you wrote that, so maybe you're feeling better by now. I hope so!

Are you taking any supplements? Dizziness and lightheadedness often means you need a touch of potassium. At the commencement of a low carb eating plan, one automatically loses a lot of water and mineral salts, especially potassium, tend to be lost as well.

You can buy over the counter tablets (Blackmores make one called Potassium Compound) or you can use a potassium salt such as No Salt - available in supermarkets next to the ordinary salt. Just sprinkle it on your food as you would ordinary salt.
Do make sure you drink plenty of water and if you are taking diuretics or blood pressure tablets, check with your pharmacist (or doctor) before adding potassium.
I remember feeling dreadful in my first couple of weeks before I added a bit of potassium. So I hope that helps!

Mayonnaise.
Just to return to the original reason for this thread for a moment, Hellmans mayo has been available in Oz for the last month or so, and it is yummy, and only has 0.2g carbs per 20mL.

Cheers all.

Roz