#12   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 13:16

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 220/195.5/180 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Dave
I can see what you trying to do, but I think it has little to do with psychology and more to do with nutrition and physiology.

I was inspired to come up with my theory based on reading threads like the one below.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=32103

Majority of the posters had/has social and self-esteem issues as they are often picked on for their weight issues. Therefore I believe that in order to be more social and raise their self esteem, many overweight people try many useless and sometimes dangerous fad diets or pills.

I do agree that the actual weight gain may be attributed to nutrition and physiology since physical needs must be meet before anything else or people will be setting themselves up for failure. That’s probably why many end up yo-yo dieting, they may have the willpower, but in the end, by starving themselves of nutrition their body overrides their will and they end up binge eating.

I really haven’t covered the nutrition and physiology issue much here since others in the forum already did a great job explaining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Dave
Because it's all about hate, evil and ignorance.

Which is the opposite of love, goodness and open mindedness.

It's very hard to open a mind, that doesn't want to be openned!

Very true! Couldn't have said it better myself. I created this thread to come up with something that I can use to education others that never had weight problems. Thanks for finding a weakness in my theory, I will do more to bulk up the physical nees portion of it.