#7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 15:31
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi ZoneCoach!
I'm so glad you're here. I've had a lot of resistance within myself about changing from atkins, which is the only way I have ever lost weight but I'm finally mentally there. At first it seemed impossible to find foods that would add up to 100 carbs, so my dr. said I could lower it a little. I think just suddenly eating so many more carbs kind of 'set' my bodyoff (or my mind) for a few days because the cravings have gone now that I'm eating mostly veges for carbs. Last week I went back and forth atkins one day, binging the next and gained 5 pounds.

Now my problem is the fat. I'm used to having all the fat I want, yesterday 60% fat, I ended up with 2242calories. I'm a little lost on the fat part. I'm doing 75g carbs and 84g protein.
I just bought a week in the zone, to get myself used to appropriate meals.

Do you think its ok to not use the blocks, I use fitday to calculate nutritional values so I just count grams.

Is it okay to use nonstick sprays /lower fat salad dressing to get my calories/fat lower?

I haven't worked out yet, I planned that I would need time for my body to adjust, but I actually don't think I've felt better. The extra carbs kind of energized me.

How long have you been zoning, and what do you find difficult, and what is most rewarding?

thanks !
Nancy