View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 19:19

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am a compulsive overeater/binger also. I have tried every diet out there and lost the same 25 lbs tons of times..but could never get past that point till i found low carbing back in 2003. The first 10 days are horrible. The carb and sugar withdrawals are sooo bad you may as well lock yourself in your room for 10 days. But think about this. We are addicts. A heroin addict or alcoholic ALSO must go through detox when quitting their drug of choice! I PROMISE you if you do a strict 2 week induction before it is over your cravings will stop and you will start feeling normal. As far as i am concerned low carb eating IS my diet pill! It IS my appetite suppressant! I have just made it 11 weeks without cheating..thats a TRUE miracle for a food addict! Its not willpower that got me here..its keeping the offending substances of sugar and refined carbs out of my body! When i first did atkins back in 2003 i lost 81 lbs...that too is unbelievable after 18 yrs of yo yo dieting and never being able to lose more than 25 lbs. I stopped the WOE last time because i found out i was pregnant and didnt have enough information to know if it was safe for my baby. Now i know i could have went to maintenance levels..but i didnt. Anyways i have been back on Atkins since Feb 22, 2006 and have lost 27 lbs so far, no cheating..not a speck of sugar or flour. I know you feel like "oh no..i cant do another diet!" Trust me..i felt the same way. It was when i stopped looking at it as a diet and acknowledged that refined carbs and sugar are POISON to me..they are my DRUG..and i dont want to BE a drug addict anymore..thats when i was able to DO THIS! Yes, the first 7-10 days are HARD..detox SUCKS!! But after its over..you have your life back! I highly urge you to reconsider getting your drug out of your system and stop the addiction! you CAN do it. If i can..anyone can!