#8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:20
Run Spot, run!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Post o'solo rollz review

I was excited that my health food store started carrying o'solo bakery products. I picked up a package of sourdough rollz (their spelling, not mine) and various flavors of muffins.

Here's my review.

The rollz are oily when you remove the overwrap. If you've baked up a batch of Atkins muffins this won't be a surprise. They are about 4-5 inch diameter, resembling an unsliced hamburger roll. They are a brownish color and look very "grainy". The aroma is very similar to flaxomeal. They were $2.49 (US) for a package of 4.

Frankly, I didn't care for them. I think this has something to do with my love/hate relationship with flaxomeal cereal (I love the first bites when I prepare it as a hot cereal, but eventually the twiggy taste gets to me). These rollz had the "twiggy" taste from the get-go. If you are a diehard fan of flaxomeal, I think you will really like these. They would be perfect for burgers or any other LC sandwich fixings.

One thing to consider, the company offers a $$ back guarantee if you aren't satisfied; I intend to get my $$ back! You can check out the company website at www.osolo.com.

Ingredients: water, gluten, flaxseed, canola oil, veg fiber, inulin, yeast, vinegar [2%or less of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium di-acetate, potassium sorbate, l-cysteine, ascorbic acid)

Nutrition facts
calories 170
fat: 9g (sat fat 1.5g)
Cholesterol:0
Sodium 180mg
Total Carb 10g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugars 0
Protein 12g

(the package says only 3g of carbs that affect blood sugar/insulin levels.)