View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: high fat BFL
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 1.80
BF:
Progress:

Hey sunshine2 how is your challenge doing?
How are you timing your carbs?

I started mine a week ago and I found out that immediately after a workout I even tolerate pure sucrose which I usually don't tolerate as it leads to the formation of even acetone in my body and send me into hypoglycemia in a matter of minutes

Probably that's the time to concentrate your carb, eating some very high GI carb too as it wouldn't be detrimental to your body

I would say to get good results that at least three meals must be high in carbs

Pre-workout meal eaten 2 hours before workout: rice, grains, bread
Post workout 1 : immediately after workout: dextrose, sucrose, fruits
Post workout 2 : 1 hour after workout: rice, grains, bread

Both three meals should be high in protein and contain almost 0 grams fats: that's important both for maximum workout potential and growth results

I would say that based on my experience (I'm glucose intolerant and hypoglycemic) even breakfast can contain more carbs because the body is exceptionally glucose tolerant and insulin sensitive in the morning after 8 hours of fast

So I would say three meals with carbs and three meals without overt carbs expecially the sixth meal when the body is in less tolerant, sensitive, more tired and in anabolic phase

But I don't count carbs in veggies, I try to eat veggies with every meal (except pre and post workout meals as they would delay digestion) and at least two pounds daily (for health reasons) and all kinds of vegetables and greens don't affect my BGs

Since I do my workout in the morning the plan is for me a carb morning and a no carb high fat evening, and I can already see results

Let mew know how you are doing
Davide