View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Yup, been there, done that too- my hubby was OK at first then heard some idiot spouting off about Atkins on the radio about kidney damage, high cholesterol, heart disease and all that lying rubbish. He came home all upset. I told him, "Even if it WERE true, which it is NOT, what could possibly be more unhealthy than being morbidly obese?" That quieted things down. And after you start to succeed, to lose weight and to have more energy and obviously feel better, she will become an Atkins fan.

I would recommend you turn her on to the New York times article here, and also show her some of the success stories. Tell her about me- I am an RN; I have been on the Induction level for 6 months, and live on! Not to mention being able to work out regularly, feel much less arthritic pain, and, oh yeah, I "almost forgot to mention" I have lost 82 pounds!

It's your life, your choice, and your path back from the brink- it will be nice if she supports you, but do it anyway- you will never be sorry. Good luck!
Hugs,
Kat