View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 260/240/142 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy Another one about Ketostix & testing: HELP!!!

I've been wandering around here all day trying to find answers, but I'm afraid that I'm just more confused than I was to begin with! And considering how smart and articulate you all are, that's saying something!!!

My main question is this - Does a positive ketostix result mean that I'm burning my stored fat? Can I be eating too much carbs and stalling out and still be in ketosis?

I read about how a light pink vs. a dark purple might just indicate dehydration, but is that all? Also, I've seen it stated that a positive is a positive, no matter how small. I'm so glad to know that because it makes those pale pink results happy news, too.

I have to say that I was a lot clearer on the subject before I read the posts that said that dietary fat could be causing the positive results... does that mean that what I'm seeing on the stix isn't me at all?? (I mean my fat! )

Where I'm confused, or worried, is that I've been steadily in ketosis for 6 weeks now, and I'm not losing. I've started my journal (at last!) because I'm sure that keeping track may help, but I'd feel so much better if I knew for sure what the Ketostix were telling me. Atkins's book leads one to believe that purple stix always = burning fat. Is that not true?

I really need to understand this, because it isn't just me. My 14 year old daughter is on LC, too, and she needs the positive reinforcement even more than I do. Of course, with her young metabolism, the weight is just falling off her, bless her heart! But naturally she has her slower weeks, and when the scale doesn't pat her on the back, I've been telling her that the Ketostix are telling her that the fat's disappearing down the drain (literally!). I just really need to be sure!!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links