View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 07:59

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Just a few things.

Depending on past dieting history (have you yo-yo dieted?) and of course age has a lot to do with how fast we lose. It gets worse with each passing year.

I would add back in exercise to your routine. 3 times a week for minimum 20 minutes. Start out slow. If you try being super athelete and lifting weights and running for hours every day you will hit burn out and stop exercising. Best solution is to work into the routine slowly and build from there. This decreases the risk of muscle soreness and injury to yourself. Building lean muscle tissue by lifting weights will help jump start your metobolism back. This of course does not happen over night. It takes at least a month if not more to start seeing the results of exercising on your metobolism.

NEVER go below 1200 calories a day. Period. The after affects of starving your body is an even slower metobolism. (Personally I would find another doctor if mine had said "starve your body to lose")

I have been on Atkins for 19 months now. I have lost a total of 50 pounds and 36 inches. The closer I get to goal the slower the weight is working itself off. I have found however that the result of my exercising has allowed me to add back in foods that I once could not eat because they caused major weight gain.

Hang in there. Keep low carbing. You may want to limit your cheese intake a max 4 oz a day as it has been known to stall people.