View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/170/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 43%
Unhappy doctor says -I'm older-body resists weight loss. Lost/gained same 7 lbs on induction.

I had my thyroid checked. My doctor says it is normal, and that my weight stall is likely due to my age. I'm 38. He says that metabolism slows down as we age. He also told me to quit low-carbing and go on a diabetic diet. He gave me a print out of the diet. It includes breads and many carbs.
I have decided not to quit lowcarbing because for the first time, I don't crave sweets and breads and pastries. In fact, I'm rarely hungry at all. I do think that maybe I should cut back on calories. I use cheese and meat and cream maybe in excess. I know I eat at least 1600 cals per day. I'm only 5'1 and weigh 185. I was exercising, but have quit because I felt like I was working so hard and not losing any weight anyway, but maybe I'll try again. I'm measuring my body and no real shrinkage yet, but I feel like perhaps my clothes are a teeny bit looser--hopeful thinking?
Get this--my doctor told me that I may have to starve my body before it gives up its fat stores--never thought I'd hear a doctor say that.
I am going to cut back on calories and stay under 30 grams of carbs. Maybe I can get out of the 185-191 loop. It's so discouraging to see the same up and down pounds week after week after week. Anyone out there relate to this?
Sponsored Links