View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 17:54

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Sunday workout...

Today, I incrementally increased all of my weights by 5 lbs across the board. Historically, it has always been a considerable struggle when increasing weights irrespective of my dietary chosen dietary regimen at the respective moment of weight increase.

I was able to fully complete the weight increase this afternoon, but only with considerable struggle and effort. I’m quite pleased that I was unable to finish the weight increase cycle, even though it was with considerable effort and struggle. I’m not certain if the struggle is indicative of my zero-carb eating regimen, or just the normal struggle associated with increasing the intensity. It will be interesting to see how I will respond to the higher weight levels next week.

I felt very good during my run this morning. For whatever reason, I felt very energized this morning and ran at an unusually brisk pace. I felt very good after my run. It’s during these moments where I have to remind myself not to over-train resisting the temptation of extending my runs.

I’ve only started my wind sprints this week, and had no issues completing 30 minutes worth of flat out sprints. I haven’t yet begun timing my 40 yard dashes, but suspect my times now will be very lackluster to my best recorded times during my college years. Over the following months—when I get into sprinting shape—I’ll have my time in the 40-yard dash accurately timed.