View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-06, 16:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/186.2/150 Female 5'4"
BF:45%/40%/25%
Progress: 50%

Before you comment that I will not know where you are coming from since my weight it close to your goal weight let me state that my begining weight that is listed is NOT my highest weight. It is the weight I was when I started on this forum in March 06.

I know exactly where you are coming from. Even one bite of sugar will set me off to eating every thing in sight the next day. One bite of sugar and I will be starving the next day. It is like I have never eaten. It will take me over a week to get back off of the sugar induced staving mode.

That first week can only be survived with sheer will power. The first week has nothing to do with how much I eat but that I have NOTHING with sugar in it.

This is the reason the LC works for me. During that time I can eat non stop as long as I stay within the allowable foods. I do not sit down for three meals a day. It just does not work. What I do is plan out all my food in the morning. I take more then enough allowable foods with me to work. I take plenty of 0 carbs sandwich meats. Spinach salad. Boiled eggs. Bite size chopped up meats. Any thing that is allowable and I like. I bring enough to feed an army. In the morning I eat 1 boiled egg and a drink of water, that is it. As the day progesses I will eat any time I am hungry. Not starving, I do not wait that long. Even if it is only 15 min I have something. Take a drink of water and one egg, one slice of sandwich meet, one raw veggie, anything that is allowable. This continues all day. By the end of the week I find I am eating less and less.

Remember to take vitimins. Be prepared to go through a few days of being tired all the time. Sleep all you can. Exercise all you can. By that I mean anything. I would sit in my chair and contract my butt muscles or my stomach muscles. That was exercise for me.

Your body will let you know what you need to change and adjust. For me I just found I was eating less and less and moving around more.

Be prepared that if you do not eat enough fiber and drink enough water you will get constipated. What saved me was eating milled flax seed. I beat it up with an egg and cook it like a pancake. Not bad at all. Add a little splenda and heavy cream. I actually enjoy it and get a lot of fiber.

No diet is going to work for you until you are ready to commit to it. Believe me I have tried and failed so many times. This time nothing is getting in my way. Not the brownies my son baked. Not the coffee milk frapes I make every evening for my H,( who needs to gain weight). Nothing.

It is a long hard road. But I now feel GREAT. I walk up to four miles every day. I have energy to clean the house, closets and all. I am getting all the yard work done.

Yes it does get easier. Hang in there.